Thursday 30 May 2013

Normandy.












The reason I haven't posted for the past few days is because I have been away in Normandy! The pictures above are some of the highlights of my trip! The rose was in a florist in Bayeux and I just thought it was very cool! I mean, a multi-coloured rose!! The bread below it was bread we made in a boulangerie (bakery) called Boulangerie les CoPains which was very fun! The bread was entirely made by hand and the owners were very interesting, speaking in both french and english to try and help us learn some french! All of the pictures below that one until the picture of me and the goat were taken in the American Cemetry. That was an amazing experience to go there. The sheer quantity of the crosses which each represent a soldier who died was extremely moving. We walked down a little way to see Omaha Beach, we didn't actually go on the beach because we didn't have time but we walked down a little way and took lots of pictures.

We went to a goats cheese farm and met a very cute little baby goat who was adorable! The goats cheese wasn't particularly nice but it was a fun experience to see how it was made. The last picture was of me and some of my friends jumping off a wall by the cathedral in Bayeux on our last day. Going to Normandy with all of my friends was the best holiday I have ever had and I want to go back! It was nice to spend time with an amazing group of my friends, we all got on really well and had a generally amazing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment